Data collection takes place via:
- Manual data capture via operator panels at all workstations using WinCC Flexible (SIMATIC TP 177B DP/PN 5.7” and MP277 10” touchscreens).
- Automated data collection via Siemens PLCs (S7-300, ET200S).
- Profibus communications and communication between PLCs and LabView via Simatic NET.
- Information delivered via predesigned reports (web application: Visual Studio .NET).
- Database: SQL Server. Processes entered in the database using PL-SQL. Application: Active Server Pages (ASP.NET) developed in Visual Studio .NET and hosted on an IIS (Internet Information Services) server. Executable over the Internet from any computer in the factory. Information network: Ethernet TCP/IP. Communication with other systems via file transfer in various formats. Communication with SAP (program hosted on server). File exchange and database entry. Label generation using a Zebra printer and use of barcodes to facilitate automated scanning. Machine data capture via signals distributed on the Profibus network and communication via RS-232 and MITUTOYO protocols.