Recipe management system
Description of the Solution
- The system controls production of bread dough according to recipe-based production orders.
- The management system comprises several web applications that allow users to create formulation recipes and to schedule production orders.
- Other applications link the business layer to the automation systems in order to relay orders and recipes and read results and machine statuses.
- All the information is stored in an SQL Server database and production data are exported to the corporate SAP system.
- The automated systems manage the scales and mixers. Production takes place in 2 stages: the first mixer creates the sourdough that will later be used to produce the final dough. The doughs are stored in tanks transported by an AGV.
Benefits for the Customer
- Definition of business rules for each recipe and what equipment can be used.
- Better use of raw materials.
- Lower costs.
- Higher speed.
- Increase in production.
- Heavy materials transport without human intervention, increase in security and quality.
Implementation by the Solution Partner
The control system is based on Rockwell hardware and software:
- PLC: ControlLogix.
- Monitoring system: PanelView Plus 6 (10” screens).
- Communications networks:
- Ethernet IP. Communication between PLCs, monitoring panels and remote devices (scales, AGV).
- The I/O periphery also communicates via the ControlNet data network.