Requirements of the Customer
- The system ensures traceability and controls production of paints, solvents and resins for the automotive industry.
- The system manages multiple factories from a central application and is available in several languages (Spanish, English, German and Italian) with others currently being added.
- It controls batch traceability from the moment of manufacture through to final delivery by importing information from the client’s proprietary information systems and database.
- Report generation system.
Implementation by the Solution Partner
The system architecture is based on the n-tier concept with 3 integrator layers:
- Data layer: implemented on SQL Server 2008 running several databases for each factory registered in the system. The data are fully isolated and individually managed.
- Business layer: implemented using web services technology under NET 3.5 running on high-availability,fully scalable independent servers.
- Presentation layer: implemented on a Web 2.0 application using AJAX and JQUERY technology and created using ASP.NET 4.0.
- The architecture is designed to support multiple plants and can be scaled to user demand.
Benefits for the Customer
- Definition of business rules for each recipe and what equipment can be used.
- Better use of raw materials.
- Lower costs.
- Higher speed.
- Increase in production.
- Heavy materials transport without human intervention, increase in security and quality.