Description of the Solution
The system controls the production for purified water (PW) and water for injections (Wfi) in a pharmaceutical laboratory plant.
The system is made up of 13 loops, 7 of them WFi and 6 PW. In each loop, both the process of production and supply to the points of use and the washing and automatic sanitization thereof are controlled. The system allows the parameterization of the different processes to adjust the temperature or pressure regulations of the different circuits.
The system also controls various auxiliary services associated with the operation of the loops: hydronic group, CIP cleaning systems, deposit level control or interaction with formula preparation systems.
The architecture is a distributed architecture, based on different communication networks: Profinet for communication between PLCs and HMI, profibus PA and Profibus DP for instrumentation and pumps, AS-interface for use point valves or Modbus (RTU and TCP) for equipment special.
Implementation by the Solution Partner
The system is based on Siemens hardware and software:
Automata: S7 414-2 DP and IM 151-8 PN / DP CPU.
Supervision system: TP1500 Comfort and TP700 Comfort.
- Profinet: communication between PLCs, HMI and global supervision system (Aprol).
- Profibus DP: communication with pumps and flow meters.
- Profibus PA: communication with instrumentation (pressure, level, temperature …).
- AS-interface: communication with point of use valves.
- Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP: communication with special equipment (TOC and ultraviolet equipment).