Control and supervision system acetylsalicylic acid production
The client has and obsolete facility where most of the tasks are manually performed and the system supervisión and raw material loading to the reactors is carried out with a Visual Basic application on Windows 95 equipments.
Because of the high risk due to failure in equipments and posible human errors during production, it is strongly adviced to the client a complete update of the system under the following conditions:
- Control hardware update (redundant Siemens PLCs and SCADA are offered).
- Automatic/manual control of all the dispositives and signals from the plant through two SCADA clients minimising required actions on behalf of the personnel.
- Installation of a distributed periphery appropriate for the ATEX zone and deployment of the equipments in different buildings to ensure operation in case of emergency.
- Comply with the norm 21 CFR part 11 of the FDA to keep Data Integrity.
Split the start up in two phases to always have one of the two reactors in operation.
- System is based on Siemens hardware and software with S7-400H PLC and SCADA WinCC 7.4, both redundant.
- SCADA client WinCC 7.4 with 4 independent screens at the control room and an IPC ATEX pannel at the raw material upload zone.
- Users management through SIMATIC Logon.
- Audit Trail server to save all the users’ actions and changes on the system parameters.
- Integral tailored receipes management created from WinCC and located in the PLC.
- Batch report produced once they are finished, automatically printed and data saved on the server for future review and validation by quality department from a tailored Windows application.
- Complete system validation: SAT, FAT, IQ, OQ and PQ tests.