Termosolar CCP plant in Kathu, South Africa
Termosolar plant with 100 MW, using the technology Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) with parabolic trough collectors and storage of molten salts.
Has been designed a distributed control system (DCS) for this plant in order to control the following areas:
- Electrical distribution system.
- Control of molten salts.
- Auxiliary systems.
- Communications with the turbine DCS.
- Communications with the solar field DCS.
- Communications with the SmartGrid.
The distributed control system is based on Siemens technology (PCS7 V8.2):
- It has 5 redundant AS410-H controllers.
- The monitoring system (WinCC) consists mainly in: 1 Redundant Server, 3 Operating Stations, 1 Process Historian, 1 Information Server, 1 Web Server, and 2 OPC Servers.
- DCS communications are based on two Industrial Ethernet rings of high availability.
- Communications with other devices are made with the Modbus TCP protocol.
- Communication with the power network manager is carried out with DNP3 protocol.