The customer has an obsolete installation of an S7-300 PLC and 3 panels in Profibus that controls several process facilities.
This installation causes a multitude of problems because it is not well defined at startup as well as having an obsolete control hardware.
The client is advised to complete the system update under the following premises:
- Update control hardware (TIA PORTAL is offered).
- Separate the process zones in different control systems.
- Comply with the Data Integrity regulations as a pioneer installation of the client in compliance with said standard. The guidelines for implementing the standard in future facilities will be used.
- Minimum installation downtime.
- Eliminate the Profibus network that causes so many problems.
- The system is based on Siemens TIA PORTAL hardware and software (S7-1500 + TP1200).
- Client server with Simatic Logon for centralized user management.
- Each panel has an Audit Trail license.
- The generated files are stored encrypted in a network path.
- Separation of the control systems to be able to work in one installation with the other without tension.
- Installation and documentation validated by the client.