The customer has an obsolete installation of an S7-300 PLC and 3 panels in Profibus that controls several process facilities.
This installation causes a multitude of problems because it is not well defined at startup as well as having an obsolete control hardware.
The client is advised to complete the system update under the following premises:
- Update control hardware (TIA PORTAL is offered).
- Separate the process zones in different control systems.
- Comply with the Data Integrity regulations as a pioneer installation of the client in compliance with said standard. The guidelines for implementing the standard in future facilities will be used.
- Minimum installation downtime.
- Eliminate the Profibus network that causes so many problems.